Sadaf’s Father’s Day Feast
Recipes by Nicole Fani (@the_avantgartist)
This Father’s Day, celebrate with a feast your father will never forget with a specially selected menu from Sadaf including recipes for Black Garlic Pomegranate Glazed Ribs, Curried BBQ Corn with Saffron & Tarragon and a nice refreshing Sekanjabin Mint Syrup drink!
Black Garlic Pomegranate Glazed Ribs Recipe
INGREDIENTS FOR RUB
- 2 Racks of Beef Ribs
- 2 Tbsp of Kosher Salt
- 2 tsp of Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp of Sadaf Ground Saffron
- 2 Tbsp of Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp of Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp of Sadaf Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tbsp of Sadaf Cayenne Pepper
- 2 tsp of Sadaf Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp of Sadaf Ground Cardamom
- 1 tsp of Sadaf Ground Coriander
INGREDIENTS FOR GLAZE
- 1/2 a cup of Sadaf Sour Cherry Syrup
- 1/4 cup of Sadaf Pomegranate Juice
- 6 Tbsp of BBQ Sauce (use your favorite)
- 3 Tbsp of Sadaf Balsamic Glaze
- 3 Tbsp of Light Brown Sugar
- 3 Tbsp of Honey Mustard
- 1/2 tsp of Sadaf ground Saffron
- 1 Head of Sadaf Black Garlic (minced)
INSTRUCTIONS FOR OVEN
- Start by patting dry the ribs with a paper towel.
- Next, create the rub by mixing together all of the spices. (You will have extra to store, only use as much as needed to cover the ribs completely).
- Now, massage in the rub into the ribs, then let sit at room temperature for 30 min.
- Next, place the marinated ribs in the fridge and let it continue to marinate for 1-2 hours.
- 20 minutes before the ribs are done marinating, turn on your oven to 250 degrees and place your cast iron pot inside to pre-heat.
- At the two hour mark take the marinated ribs out of the refrigerator and place them bone side down into the pre-heated pot, cover and place in the oven.
- Bake the ribs for 3 1/2 – 4 hrs. until fall of the bone tender.
- Once the ribs are cooked, remove the excess fat from the pot and set the ribs aside until your glaze is ready.
- To make the glaze, heat up the ingredients on med-low until reduced and thick, about 10 minutes.
- Now, use a bbq brush and glaze the ribs inside of the pot.
- Next, bring the heat up in the oven to 350 degrees and cook the ribs with the top off of the pot for 10-15 minutes until the sauce looks sticky and shimmers!
INSTRUCTIONS FOR BBQ
- Bring the temp of the bbq to 250 degrees.
- Place the marinated ribs bone side up on the grill away from the coals for 3 hours.
- Then, turn the ribs over and cook bone side down for another 45 min. -1 hour.
- Next, glaze the ribs and let cook for another 15-20 minutes on the bbq.
- Cut them up and enjoy!
Curried BBQ Corn with Saffron & Tarragon Recipe
- 3 Fresh Tarragon Sprigs (for garnish)
Sadaf’s Sekanjebin Mint Syrup Drink Recipe
- 10 Fresh Mint Leaves + Mint Sprigs (for garnish).
- 1/3 cup of Good Bourbon
- Crushed Ice
- 1 Tsp of water
- 2 Tsp of Sugar
1. Start off by muddling the mint leaves, sugar, and water gently until the flavors are released and the sugar dissolves.
2. Next place the muddled mixture and the bourbon into a copper or glass cup, and add the crushed ice to the rim.
3. Now add in the sekanjebin syrup and give the drink a good stir!
4. Lastly, garnish with mint sprigs and enjoy!